The following points are provided to assist the upkeep of the course and ensure that you and your fellow member have an enjoyable round of golf:
- Sand buckets must be carried and used at all times. They are provided in a bin near the 1st and 13th Tees.
- Repair all plug marks on greens with a pitch repairer.
- Enter and leave bunkers from the lowest access point – generally the back of the bunker or a tongue.
- Once footprints are raked out do not leave the rake against the edge of the bunker.
- Do not lean on your putter when on the green.
- Players are encouraged to take buggies across greens, but not around or near the edge of greens.
Before leaving a bunker, a player should carefully fill up and smooth over all holes and footprints, and then leave the rake with the handle pointing toward the tee of the hole being played in the middle of the bunker.
- Always enter the bunker at the lowest point.
- Pull rake toward you as you exit the bunker.
- If required rake other affected areas.
- Do not pile sand at the edge of the bunker. Push back excess sand.
Bunker Rake Policy
- Always leave rake in the flat of the bunker with the handle parallel to the line of flight of the hole being played.
- Rakes should be placed as far from the edge as possible.
- Always start at the back of the mark and push forward with the repairer.
- Use repairer around all sides and slowly ease turf toward the centre of the mark.
- Do not lift the soil upwards.
- Lightly tap down with putter.
- Your completed repair should look like this.
- Remove any loose turf from the affected area.
- Knock in all sides of the edge of the divot with your club or your shoe and fill with sand.
- Correctly mended divot.
Damage to Greens from Flagsticks, Bags etc.
Players should ensure that when handling the flagstick no damage is done to the putting green and that neither they nor their caddies damage the hole by standing close to it in handling the flagstick or in removing the ball from the hole. The flagstick should be properly replaced in the hole before the players leave the putting green.
Handling the flag
- Don’t drop the flagstick on the putting surface as it will cause damage.
- Always lower the flagstick by club
- or by hand.
- Avoid damage to surrounds by placing the stick in the centre of the cup.
- Players are requested NOT to use their putter to remove their golf ball from the hole.
Motorised Golf Carts must
- Not be taken within 5 metres of greens, tees and bunkers unless on established pathways.
- Not be parked in front of greens.
- Be kept to rough areas as much as possible during wet and frosty conditions.
- Be kept clear of all wet areas.
- Have handbrake/parkbrake applied on all occasions when not in motion.
- Avoid sensitive and newly planted native plants and grass roughs at all times.
- Not carry more than two persons at any time.
In finals of traditional club events the approval of opponents is required for any unauthorised players wishing to ride in a motorised cart.
If there is a need to cease play on the golf course due to the possibility of a lightning strike in the vicinity a siren will sound to alert Members and their guests.
- A single blast will be sounded every 15 seconds for 4 blasts.
- When it is safe to resume play 2 blasts will be sounded 1 second apart for 2 occurrences.